You would think that stripping and waxing VCT would be a simple process. Think Again.
Waxing VCT can be tricky if you do not know what to use or how to properly prep for the job. Sometimes it may be a new installation but usually layers of old yellowing wax need to be removed first. There are ECO friendly ways to do this.
- Layers and layers of old coatings can send contractors into overtime hours quickly.
- The difference between Coatings (wax) is significant:
- Sealers (preparation for coatings)
- Acrylic Coatings ( sometimes associated with yellowing)
- Polyurethane Coatings (longer lasting)
- Stripping floors can be difficult to do in an eco-friendly way.
Property owners & managers may bid out a strip and wax job, then select the cheapest bidder. Be careful, you may pay for it in appearance & performance later. Manufacturers recommendations for application layers and maintenance should always be followed. Consult a professional at Eco Interior Maintenance for best results!