Stone Cleaning & Maintenance
Premier Natural Stone Cleaning & Maintenance
Proper stone cleaning and maintenance can protect your investment for years to come!
ECO's experienced stone cleaning professionals can bring back that original luster to your stone if that original fresh clean appearance no longer exists. Once restored, we can maintain.
- We use only natural safe cleaners that are specifically formulated for your stone.
- ECO avoids cleaning products that contain lemon, vinegar, and other acids on marble, travertine or limestone as these can etch the stone’s surface.
- We do not use scouring powders or creams; these products contain abrasives that may scratch the surface.
Get a Free Estimate
- In general interior floors frequently should be cleaned using a dust mop or neutral cleaner. Sand, dirt, and grit do the most damage to natural stone surfaces due to their abrasiveness.
- Walk off mats or area rugs inside and outside an entrance are important. Mats and rugs minimize the amount of sand, dirt, and grit that can scratch a stone floor.
- After restoration or cleaning, we can protect many surfaces with sealers or finishes that can help reduce microbial buildup, maintain the luster and extend the need for future restorations.
Bath and Wet Areas
Bath, shower or other wet areas, build up soap scum residues that are hard to remove. Mildew and mold can build up in grout causing your room to look grimy and unkempt. Let ECO restore your bathrooms or kitchen using approved products that will not harm the tile, stone or the environment.
Counter/Vanity Tops/Conference Tables & Credenzas
- ECO maintains counter tops and tables monthly, quarterly or yearly. We have specially formulated cleaners designated safe for natural stone.
- We can also provide on going protection using our BactiBarrier® 2 step process that will protect from the spread of harmful microbes on stone surfaces.
Tips for daily maintenance:
- If streaking occurs, buff the counter top with a clean white terry cloth or paper towel.
- Use a good stone polish occasionally. This will give your stone added luster and clarity.
- Seal, if necessary. Apply a penetrating sealer on counter tops. If a sealer is applied, be sure that it is non-toxic and safe for use in food preparation surfaces.
Outdoor Pool & Patio Areas
Your out door pool limestone deck and patio furniture should be maintained yearly. We can come give you a free estimate for:
- power washing furniture
- Cleaning limestone,concrete or tile patio surfaces
- Protecting furniture with long lasting BactiBarrier® cleaning system
Summary of Do’s and Don’ts
- Dust mop floors frequently.
- Clean surfaces with a neutral stone cleaner.
- Thoroughly rinse and dry the surface after washing.
- Blot up spills immediately.
- Protect floor surfaces with non-slip mats or area rugs.
- Protect counter top surfaces with coasters, trivets or place mats, particularly under those containing alcohol or citrus juices. Many common foods and drinks contain acids that will etch or dull the stone surface.
- Don’t place hot items directly on the stone surface. Use trivets or mats under hot dishes and place mats under china, ceramics, silver or other objects that can scratch the surface.
- Don’t use vinegar, lemon juice or other cleaners containing acids to clean marble, limestone, travertine or onyx surfaces.
- Don’t use acid-based cleaners (e.g. bathroom cleaners, grout cleaners or tub & tile cleaners).
- Don’t use abrasive cleaners such as dry cleansers or soft cleansers.
- Don’t mix bleach and ammonia; this combination creates a toxic and lethal gas.
Stain Treatment and Other Issues
- If possible, immediately blot spills with a clean paper towel. If something has soaked into the stone and stained it, a poultice may need to be applied.
- Your natural stone and grout may need to be periodically sealed. For small jobs, you can purchase the product and do it yourself, or contact us to perform the service for you.
We hope you enjoy these stone care tips and benefit from them for great stone for many years to come!
Call Us Today for a Free Quote.
DC/VA: 301.261.1966 Baltimore/Annapolis: 410.647.2800