Wood Floor Cleaning and Maintenance
Eco specializes in wood floor cleaning and maintenance. Wood comes in a variety of lengths, sizes, styles, hardness's and types. Each requiring specialized maintenance cleaning and care procedures.
We specialize in;
- Cleaning of natural, engineered and reclaimed woods
- Hiding/Removing Scratches, Dents and Imperfections
- Fixing Blemishes in finish
- Minimizing dust during maintenance
- Reapplication of factory finishes
Call 301-261-1966 for Free Quote
Finishes can vary: Gloss, Semi Gloss, Satin or Matte
- Oil Based -amber in color-will yellow over time
- Wax - soaks into pours-buffed to harden
- Conversion Varnish- very durable
- UV Finishes - applied at factory-cure instantly by UVa &UVb
- Natural Oil Based - durable long lasting finish
- Moisture Cured Finish- clear & amber-very durable
- Water based Finish- clear and durable
Wood floors are generally preferred over carpets by people concerned about allergens and microorganisms. Microbes can exist on both hard surfaces or carpet. Often you see both because of comfort, acoustics and design. Carpet tends to trap floating particulate so that it can be vacuumed/extracted out. Wood needs to be properly cleaned so sticky microbial biofilms do not build up.
Common maintenance issues may include:
- scratches in finish
- improper finishes
- post construction finish irregularities
- watermarking, blistering or cupping
- high heel dimple marks
Our company offers guidance in the development of maintenance programs and/or one time restoration projects. Our professional service technicians use specialty equipment, cleaning solutions, finishes and procedures to assure that you get optimum appearance and longevity from your wood floor.
Did you know that bamboo is a grass that comes from China? Quality bamboo flooring is durable and can meet Janka hardness ratings of over 2400. Some bamboo has not reached full maturity and therefore are softer, making maintenance difficult.
Some manufacturers don’t recommend the use of spikes, high heels or athletic cleats on bamboo floors. Urethane finishes eventually will show wear patterns from surface scratching. When high traffic areas begin to look dull, it is time to recoat or restore the finish. ECO Interior Maintenance has the right specialty maintenance products and procedures.
Call Us Today for a Free Quote.
DC/VA: 301.261.1966 Baltimore/Annapolis: 410.647.2800