Strip & Wax Floors
Trust ECO's experience! We strip & wax floors daily. Don't waste valuable time & money.
Stripping and waxing commercial VCT floors is an art! Call us now for Free Estimate 310-261-1966.
Over time, grime can build up creating the need to strip & wax a VCT floor. In commercial buildings these Vinyl Composite Tile floors are located in bathrooms, hallways, break rooms, sanctuaries, class rooms, and food service areas. Restoring a floor by stripping and waxing it removes dirty, tacky residues so that a new finish can be applied to a professionally prepped clean surface.
Eco Interior Maintenance will strip & wax commercial floors in:
- commercial facilities of all kinds
- office buildings, hotels, restaurants
- churches & other places of worship
- schools, colleges & universities
- industrial warehouses, theme parks, airports
Environmentally friendly processes and cleaning solutions are available when stripping and waxing VCT, rubber, cork or hard surface flooring.
Some less experienced contractors use harsh chemicals that can be very smelly and irritating. ECO-friendly cleaning options are available to keep VOC's (Volatile Organic Compounds) to a minimum. Most manufacturers have their own cleaning guidelines. It takes an experienced professional to specify the correct cleaning frequency, cleaning method and type/amount of finish coats.
What is the cost of Stripping & Waxing Commercial VCT Floors?
The cost to strip and wax floors can run from .50 sq/ft to $3.00 sq/ft. The price is determined by the condition of the floor surface, the surface type, the type of finish to be reapplied and the amount of equipment or furnishings needed to moved and the time of day that it can be serviced.
Call 301-261-1966 or 410-647-2800 for a FREE estimate or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Get a Free Estimate
Servicing the DC/Baltimore/Annapolis/Northern Virginia Areas.
A Vinyl Composite Tile (VCT) is the flooring surface that is most often stripped and waxed
- Waxing, finishing or polishing are preparation coatings that create the finished appearance. Finishes provide additional protection against soil abrasion and scratching. 2-5 coats may be specified by the manufacturer and/or the end user.
- Spray buffing is a maintenance procedure used to remove daily wear and tear and restore luster to the surface.
- Floor stripping and waxing techniques require different machines.
- If the proper procedures, strippers, and finishes are not used, the job may fail, yellow or only look better for a short time.
- Always follow the manufacturer's guidelines
- Note: Not all hard surfaces should be covered with finishes.
- Many natural stones, cement, grout or tile may require sealers after restorative cleaning.
- Usually associated with hard surface & grout lines, Sealing a floor provides a coating of protection against moisture, contaminants, and stains. It also helps to level the surface, increase adhesion of finishes and improve the appearance of final finishes.
Lets take a look at the differences between Acrylic and Polyurethane Finishes:
- Acrylic is far less durable than Polyurethane.
- Acrylic will wear and yellow after short periods of time.
- Acrylic is less expensive.
- Acrylic requires more interim and restorative maintenance.
- Acrylic requires a chemical stripper to remove ( Water +VOC’s)
- Polyurethane is more durable.
- Polyurethane can last up to 5 years with preventative(dust mop and vacuuming) and scheduled maintenance (low or high speed burnishing).
- The time in between stripping and re-finishing greatly reduces restoration costs and down time in your space.
- Most manufacturers are suggesting this for their products immediately after installation.
- Polyurethane requires mechanical abrasion to remove (No water- No harsh odor)