Carpet doesn’t clean itself!
Spots, soil and grease in commercial carpet do not just magically appear. It is spilled on, tracked on and/or grinded in. It is easy to get caught up in the blame game of whose fault the spots are. Bottom line it is often a little of everyone’s fault and, in most cases, it is so simple to fix. Maintain it with a professionally custom designed commercial carpet maintenance program and your most likely going to be happy with your textile floor-covering for years to come.
There are a few things you need to keep in mind.
- Commercial Carpet Warranty’s require a cleaning maintenance program. No program…No Warranty.
- Depending on use, each program may vary in frequency and in the specification of cleaning solution/system employed. (water extraction, encapsulation or dry compound)
- Vacuuming needs to be scheduled regularly using the proper type of vacuum. Pile needs to be lifted to remove in-bedded soils. (Back pack vacuums are not always effective if heavy soil is deposited)
- If you are allowing “desk dining” then use chair mats to protect the carpet from some spills and premature crushing from chairs.
- Protect the entrance ways and transition areas with strategically placed walk off mats.
- Finally cleaning experience, education, choice of cleaning solution/system and type/style of commercial carpet are important factors to consider before accepting lowest price bidder. visit: The Carpet and Rug Institute Seal of Approval Service Providers.
Doing the job right the first time can save big dollars by increasing the longevity, health and appearance of you carpeted commercial facility. Do not wait to design your maintenance program till it is too late. Save yourself the aggravation, time and costly replacement costs.
Written by Doug Bradford, CEO Eco Interior Maintenance, Inc.