Oriental Rug Cleaning
ECO specializes in both oriental rug cleaning and natural or synthetic area rug cleaning. Oriental rugs are typically wool and have deeper richer dyesthat can migrate if not cleaned properly. No matter what type of area rug you have you can trust our 30 years of cleaning experience.
- Spot cleaning wool (See chart below)
- Odor treatments
- Beverage & wine stains
- Pet stain removal
- Fringe cleaning specialists
Whatever your type or style of rug or carpet, our in-house rug cleaning plant has the expertise for both dry cleaning and traditional wet cleaning. We clean Oriental, Drury, Hook, Runners and Nylon Area rugs and other rugs. We offer pick-up and delivery at a modest fee, or you can drop them off at our conveniently located plant.
You can also rely on Eco Interior Maintenance Services to clean and treat your wool carpets on-site. We are a wool-safe approved service provider.
We observe standards recommended by the UK Woolsafe Organization (www.woolsafe.org), as described in these documents:
- WS200 Standard “Woolsafe Code of Practice for Professional Cleaning Companies,” and
- WS100 Cleaning Standard “The Maintenance and Cleaning of Wool Floor Coverings”.
Low in pH levels, their approved professional carpet care products have been tested, and they meet or exceed strict environmental DfE guidelines (EPA’s Design for the Environment).
Spot Cleaning for Wool
Look for Woolsafe Approved Spot Removers. Not all spot treatment products are eco-friendly. You may need specialty products to remove stubborn stains. But ask the professionals first before you use yourself.
You might find the table useful from Woolsafe Carpet Care Specialists directory. The numbers in each column are the instructions to follow which are provided after the table.
|Spot or Stain||Try First||Try Second||Try Third|
|Gravy and Sauces||5||6|
|Oil and Grease||7||5|
|Artificially Colored Drinks||3||6|
|Central Heating Radiator Fluid||5||6||16|
|Felt tip Pen||7 or 11||12||5|
- Blot with white terry cloth or paper tissue
- Cold water
- Warm water
- Woolsafe-approved carpet shampoo solution(diluted)
- Woolsafe-approved carpet spot remover for water-based stains
- Woolsafe-approved carpet spot remover for greasy/oily stains
- Absorbent paper and hot iron
- Chewing gum remover
- Nail varnish remover or acetone
- White spirit or turpentine
- Surgical spirit
- Rub with a coin
- Rub gently with coarse sand paper
- Woolsafe approved deodorizer
- Rust remover
- Carpet Color repair
Call Us Today for a Free Quote.
DC/VA 301.261.1966 Baltimore/Annapolis 410.647.2800